This is a project to create a small DCF-77 receiver. The goal is to get familiar with designing SMD.
- Receive and decode DCF-77 signals
- Display time on 7-segment displays
- USB port for power and programming
- External connector for DCF signal
- Display in local time or UTC
- Correct display of leap seconds
- PPS output ?
- Ambient light sensor ?
Plan is to use a bootloader such as V-USB, and be able to use Arduino software.
About a decade ago I built such a receiver, in order to observe leap seconds. That design is based on an Atmel AT2313 and a Conrad DCF-77 module.
The old design looks like this: